Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

State of the Clergy

The 2003 report "State of the Clergy" in ECUSA is still worth having a look at here. Take note of the graphs. If it should please God, Bishop Iker and the Commission on Ministry that I be ordained in a couple of years (and that is certainly "ify"), at 43 years of age I would still be younger by FOUR YEARS than the average ordinand in ECUSA! Astonishing. I would like to see the break downs on ordinations in the Network in the last two years. My impression is that the clergy of the diocese of Fort Worth are among the youngest on average in the nation. Is that true elsewhere among classical Anglicans?

2 Comments:

Blogger Continuing Home said...

If by "classical Anglicans" you mean the Continuum, then I think the answer is no. I believe our clergy tend to be older, though I gather some of the seminaries are graduating more clergy.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks for the info, CA. I was thinking more of the ACN in my question, but the hopes of restoration of unity between the ACN and the Continuum are very exciting. REC and APA bishops (I believe) participated in the consecration at the concluding Eucharist at the ACN meeting here in Bedford in April. Very exciting, indeed!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats