Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Marvelous Picture of the Patriarch

I just loved this picture of Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople and wanted to pass it along. Now that is a chalice! May God bless the Patriarch's ministry and hasten the day when all those who confess the holy Name of Jesus will again be one, as He and the Father are one.

Hat tip to Canterbury Tales.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fr Richard Sutter SSM said...

Once we heal the terrible rent in the Body of Christ between Anglicans and the Patriarch of the West, then we can look to healing the rent between West and Est.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Father, it appears to me that the rift between the East and Rome has a better chance of being healed first. Between Canterbury and Rome there presently loom a host of issues (most of fairly recent vintage, but still significant) that do not impair progress with the East.

Personally, I am happy to let the Orthodox do the heavy negotiating over thing like the "ordinary universal jurisdiction" of the Roman bishop and his claims to speak infallibly ex cathedral on matters of faith and moral. As my other posts have frequently indicated, on theological points where Anglicans have traditionally differed from the RCC my own beliefs are usually quite close to those of the Orthdox (I am aware of no major issue that divides me from them). I rather suspect that any future agreement the bishops of the EOC could sign with the Papacy to restore full communion is one that I could also agree to. But as it stands today, I could not "swim the Tiber."

4:42 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

make that "do not impair Roman progress with the East" in the first paragraph.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats