Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Post for the Road

I head down to Camp Crucis at Granbury early Sunday afternoon to participate in St. Michael's Youth Conference--Southwest, a truly remarkable event in which 80+ teenagers from across our region will come together to worship, study, and pray during a week-long retreat. As a result, I will be away from my computer until next Saturday. I will be teaching two sections of "Receiving God's Word," the Scripture survey for the second-year Michaelites. I will also offer an elective class entitled "Apocalypse Wow!," introducing some of our young conferees to the glories of the Revelation to St. John (certainly my favorite book of Holy Writ).

I leave you, Gentle Reader, with this lovely piece of music from what may be my favorite film, The Mission. The vocals here are by Sarah Brightman, with Italian lyrics written by her to suit the film. See you in a week!



A translation of Brightman's lyrics, evocative of the New Jerusalem of Revelation 20 & 21:

In my fantasy

In my fantasy I see a just world,
Where everyone lives in peace and honesty.
I dream of souls that are always free
Like the clouds that float
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

In my fantasy I see a bright world
Where each night there is less darkness.
I dream of spirits that are always free,
Like the clouds that float

In my fantasy exists a warm wind,
That blows into the city, like a friend.
I dream of souls that are always free,
Like the clouds that float
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats