Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

St. Vincent's School Volleyball

Tonight the St. Vincent's Middle School Lady Eagles concluded their marvelous 2008 season with a second place finish in the Christian Schools Athletic Fellowship tournament. That capped off a 10-0 regular season, which resulted in the pennant for the Eastern Division of the CSAF. They won their first game in the tournament in straight sets, but lost a close championship game to Fellowship Academy of Arlington this evening. It was a very exciting tournament to watch in person, I can tell you!

Above are three of the girls on the squad who received special honors tonight. Emma D. was named an All District player, and Stephanie C. and Rachel M. were named All Tournament players. Congratulations to all the Lady Eagles on a spectacular season!

And while I am on the subject of my beloved St. Vincent's School, check out the 2008 school photo below. That is our entire student body standing together before the altar at the end of the school Eucharist in late September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats