Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Archbishop Duncan at St. Vincent's Cathedral

Archbishop Robert Duncan of the Anglican Church in North America will be celebrant at a special Holy Eucharist at St. Vincent's Cathedral this Friday evening at 7PM. All are heartily invited to attend!

7 Comments:

Anonymous AndyT said...

Will he attempt a surprise ordination of a woman while there?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Robin G. Jordan said...

What special Eucharist, Randall?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Robin, it inaugurates the first Provincial Ultreya for the Anglican 4th Day Movement, which is taking place from August 13-15 at St. Vincent's.

Rather unlikely I suspect, Andy!

7:43 PM  
Blogger RMBruton said...

Randall,
What is the Anglican 4th Day Movement?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Think "Cursillo."

6:17 AM  
Blogger Robin G. Jordan said...

Randall,

It seems like years since I went to Cursillo. It was back in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I directed and narrated a skit called "Episcopal Pudding." Add some Episcoplaians. They are pretty dry but they will do. You can substitute Anglicans. They are pretty dry too. Stir in the Holy Spirit, step back, and watch it rise.

For those unfamiliar with Cursillo, the weekend usually last three days--Friday through Sunday. The Fourth Day is the rest of your life. My former bishop, the Right Reverend James Brown, Bishop of Louisiana, was a strong supporter of Cursillo. He is retired. The last I heard, he was an assistant bishop somewhere in Texas but that was a while back.

De Colores,

Cursilloistas.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Robin G. Jordan said...

I can no longer spell "Episcopalians." Don't have that trouble yet with "Nanglicans," oops, I mean "Anglicans."

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats