Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Choir of Magdalen College, Oxford - Evensong


My father, Randy, took this lovely picture of tonight's Vesper Light in Bedford, Texas. Enjoy it along with Choral Evensong from Oxford, a fine example of the "Anglican patrimony."



3 Comments:

Blogger Robin G. Jordan said...

Randall,

John Rutter is one of my favorite composers of church music. The Chancel Choir at Christ Church, Covington, which was my parish home in the 1960s and again in mid-1980s, performed a number of his works. We also had Choral Evensong on occasion as a part of the Third Sunday Concert series. I sung in the tenor section.

Choral Evensong is indeed a part of our Anglican patrimony especially when it is sung in an Anglican cathedral or an Anglican college chapel with a long tradition of choral Evensong. Rutter has enriched the Anglican choral repertoire and so has Ralph Vaughn Williams and others before him.

Thank you for posting this video.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Carson Clark said...

Randall,

Hello and good afternoon, just barely. I've been following your blog from afar since this spring, but thought I should make contact since my wife and I are now in TX ourselves. We live in Waco. I believe you've at least met a friend of mine, Jeff Wallace.

Hope you don't mind, but I wanted to tell you about my own blog. I'm an aspiring clergy-writer who's new to the Anglican tradition, and am trying to find Anglican readers. The title of my blog is "Musings of a Hard-Lining Moderate: The assorted thoughts of an evangelical Anglican."

I write about theology, culture, politics, movie/book reviews, pet theories... anything that’s on my mind. Right now I'm doing a series on the doctrine of Scripture, which was prompted by the crisis in the global communion. I also recently wrote a post on the value of the christian calendar.

Anyway, I don't know if you'd be interested, but here's the link: http://bit.ly/dXh2qd. Have a great day.

Grace & Peace,

Carson

12:10 PM  
Blogger Piotr LA said...

Awesome – and thanks a lot!
adult service

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats