Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

St. Vincent's Campanile Rises Heavenward


The cathedral's new bell tower is now on the way up! Yesterday the workmen began to raise the steel framework. The completed tower will have a brick facade to match the nave and chapel next to it. For scale, note the workman who is climbing the center column. There are still thirty more feet of skeleton to be added to the top before it reaches its final height. (The gentleman in the foreground is my father, who is making a photo essay of the tower's progress for our cathedral's web site.) Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats