Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Evangelical Anglicans in D.C.

MSNBC has an interesting piece on a bar and a parish church (two separate organizations, in case you are wondering) that are popular with Bush Administration officials in Washington. Give it a read here . The church is an evangelical ECUSA parish, The Falls Church. Although the style of worship there doesn't sound like it would be to my tastes (others may find it brings them closer to God, I admit), they do seem to be taking Scripture seriously there. You can find their parish web site here . Naturally, the piece from the secular media focuses on the "networking" opportunities for officials there, but let us hope they are encountering the Gospel, drawing closer to Christ and learning to love and serve the Lord first and foremost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats