Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Cranes with a Lifting Power of 10,000 lbs


They are now attaching an enormous crane system to the skeleton of our new bell tower at St. Vincent's Cathedral. It will be used as they brick in the tower to match the apse of the church. Unfortunately, Acme Brick is presently sold out of the type of brick we need, so the next stage of construction will have to wait until Acme fires more bricks in mid-March. Still, the crane system is an impressive piece of equipment, isn't it? Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randall,
thanks for the picture. I guess we've lost hope for having the tower ready by Easter though. Sadness sets in.

Chad

5:34 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

The target date for completion now is, I believe, the beginning of the ACN Convocation. I think this starts April 20th. That could still happen. Let us pray!

Work on the memorial garden near the tower will begin next week, I believe.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats