Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Codex Sinaiticus On-Line Soon


On Wednesday the BBC carried this superb news about one of the most important uncial manuscripts of the Greek Bible:

"A manuscript containing the oldest known Biblical New Testament in the world is set to enter the digital age and become accessible online.

A team of experts from the UK, Europe, Egypt and Russia is currently digitising the parchment known as the Codex Sinaiticus, believed originally to have been one of 50 copies of the scriptures commissioned by Roman Emperor Constantine after he converted to Christianity.

The Bible, which is currently in the British Library in London, dates from the 4th Century."

Read the entire story here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

OOOOHHHH!! Cool!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay here and that's great news. I have an open page of Sinaiticus as my computer wallpaper, but it's too blurry to see anything.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats