Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

St. Laurence Church, Southlake, Texas

This is a lovely church in our diocese, St. Laurence in Southlake. I have been a guest Sunday school teacher there recently. I am teaching a version of the "Christianity and the Eastern Religions" course I offered at St. Vincent's Cathedral last summer. Today we began our discussion of Buddhism, having covered Hinduism in September. The course will run for five more weeks and will also cover Taoism and Confucianism. Of course, I still have duties at the cathedral as well, so this morning I served as subdeacon at St. Vincent's at 7:30 AM, then raced over to Southlake in order to teach my 9:45 class. Attendance at the class was good (perhaps more than eighty people). It makes for a busy morning, but it has also been quite rewarding. The good folks at St. Laurence have been very welcoming.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caritas said...

Randall- I would love to see these lectures if you have them written out. I spend alot of time answering questions about buddhism especially. hope you are well.

Leah

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats