Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Monday, November 21, 2005

My First Meeting with the COM

Well, the next stage of my discernment process toward possible ordination is underway. I had my first meeting with the diocesan Commission on Ministry this morning. It was a cordial session on the whole, lasting only 25 minutes. I think it went reasonably well. Today's meeting was the first of three plenary sessions I will have to attend in the next few months before I find out my fate. Next I have to arrange individual interviews with four of the Commission's members, which will mean (among other locations) a trip to Wichita Falls in the next two or three weeks. On the whole, it was an encouraging start.

The photo was taken this morning at the diocesan offices of the diocese of Fort Worth (and that's me on the steps wearing the last of my lawyerly attire!).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and that's me on the steps wearing the last of my lawyerly attire!"

Maybe you can be the next orthodox Catholic, John Calvin :)

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep barreling forward Randall! The process can seem daunting at times, but you appear to be handling it with few if any problems.

Chad Nusbaum

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Randall! Keep it up!!!

Jay

7:21 PM  
Blogger Julian said...

"Cordial"?

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats