Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

"Choose this Day" Video

A group of lay people associated with the Anglican Communion Network has produced a video, Choose This Day, which discusses recent developments in ECUSA in theological perspective. It is well worth viewing, and may be found here. Please click on the first line, Main Video Selection. The worship service featured in the video was a Sunday morning Eucharist at my home parish, St. Vincent's Cathedral in Bedford, Texas. Dean Ryan Reed, the cathedral's pastor, is interviewed in the video along with the Rev. Kendall Harmon, Bishop Duncan of Pittsburgh and many others. A track from St. Vincent's choir also appears in the video. The film lasts about half an hour. Be sure to watch the Epilogue as well (where you learn that no Bibles were harmed in the filming of the video--thanks be to God!).

The image here is William Hole's Early Christians Worshipping.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can i purchase the video? Many people i know do not have computers so i need the video.
TIA, gregory

7:10 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Odd that they don't give purchase instructions on their web site, isn't it? I know they have a ton of DVD's available. I suggest writing them at info@anglicandecision.org

Best wishes for a Happy New Year and a blessed Epiphany.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Gregory,

I will gladly send you a copy of the DVD “Choose This Day.” Please email me your postal address, and I’ll send it right out. We are asking for a $7.00 donation (which includes postage and mailing). Blessings.

Pam Stephens

Ministry Development Coordinator

Anglican Communion Network

910 Oliver Building

535 Smithfield Street

Pittsburgh, PA 15222

412-325-8900

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats