Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More Dioceses Apply For Alternative Primatial Oversight

More dioceses have applied for "alternative primatial oversight," joining the diocese of Fort Worth in their appeal. Read the statements issued Wednesday by the bishops and standing committees of Pittsburgh, South Carolina, and San Joaquin (Cal.).

UPDATE: Make that FIVE DIOCESES as of Friday, June 29th. Central Florida has now also appealed to the Archbishop for "alternative primatial oversight."

3 Comments:

Blogger Caelius said...

I'm not sure if this whole Province X business is workable. See my blog.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

But why? Most of these bishops ordain women to the priesthood. Why not bishops. It only makes sense. But nobody can give me an answer. I'm ready to give up.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Adam, I think that Schori's determined partisanship in favor of ordaining "active" homosexuals (she's a vocal backer of VGR) and her sanctioning of "same sex blessings" in her former diocese are what lead the pro-WO dioceses into following Ft. Worth's example. With her at the helm, there is no question which way ECUSA (TEC) will go in the future on the sexuality questions.

Caelius, I too doubt the long-term success of "Province 10" within ECUSA. Such a scheme has long been a dream of FiFNA and its predecessors, and it is possible that they can't quite move past this paradigm in their thinking even though recent events may have rendered such a plan unworkable. Then there is the whole Denis Canon angle. That surely is also in play here. Sadly, pretty much everyone knows that the lawsuits could start flying any day. I, for one, am hoping for an "amicable divorce," but I rather doubt 815 will let that happen.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats