Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Non-ECUSA Anglicans in the US

To be honest, until the Common Cause partnership of non-ECUSA Anglican churches with the Anglican Communion Network arose a couple of years ago, I did not give much thought to the non-ECUSA Anglican denominations in the United States. But the hope of reuniting this "Anglican diaspora" with orthodox Anglicans who have remained inside ECUSA until now is becoming brighter and brighter with each passing month. It turns out that this "Anglican diaspora", when you add it to the dioceses and parishes afflilated with the Network, would produce an orthodox province of nation-wide scope. The Greater Danbury Anglican Fellowship has produced a helpful map of the diaspora churches that may be found here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mimi Catherine Chen said...

Been praying for u recently. it puzzles me why you haven't swam the tiber yet?

3:27 AM  
Blogger Mike the Geek said...

I notice that it doesn't include a number of continuing churches that are currently out of communion but would probably like to be in.

9:19 AM  
Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

Can anyone else not see the map? It's not coming up for me... maybe because I use a Mac.

Mike, maybe it doens't include the other continuing jurisdictions since they are not in communion with any provinces in the Anglican Communion, and the map says that they are Anglican Communion but non-ECUSA churches. The APA and REC are in full communion with the Province of Nigeria.

There is an option at the top right of the screen to add another jurisdiction, so maybe the others can be added.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

It appears that the map has gone down since I posted this last night. Hopefully they will restore it soon. It is a very nice resource.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Continuing Home said...

The map doesn't display in Firefox but does in IE. Something's browser-dependent.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I developed and tested the map in IE. Has kept me so busy that I have not found time to try FireFox yet. I'll give it a try.

I also had another bug that I fixed last night that kept the map from displaying in certain configurations. It should be more stable now.

Ken

2:22 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks, Ken. Keep up the good work!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats