Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Final Class on Revelation

Today was my final class on the Revelation to St. John at St. Vincent's Cathedral. I really enjoyed teaching this class, and attendance was good most Sundays. (Attendance frequently topped 80, but was actually a bit low today. Our choir is singing at Ely Cathedral in England at present, taking 20 regular class members with it.) The questions were lively and thoughtful throughout. Thanks to all who attended and contributed, especially to my father (my "T.A.").

I am also a bit sad about finishing up the class today. This was my last major duty at St. Vincent's Cathedral Church for the foreseeable future. CPE wraps up on August 11th, and my duties resume at St. Vincent's School the following Monday. But even though I will be teaching and serving as lay chaplain at St. Vincent's School this year, I will not be an intern at St. Vincent's Cathedral for the next six months. Instead, I will be serving as an intern at St. Laurence Episcopal Church in Southlake during the Fall under the direction of a highly respected priest in my diocese, Fr. William Crary. St. Laurence is a very fine parish, and I am looking forward to being there and working with its excellent ministry team. But St. Vincent's is "home," and I am not sure when I will be back there on Sundays. A lot will depend on how things go with my ordination process. I go before the Commission on Ministry on August 5th, when I will apply for admission to Candidacy. Your prayers would be much appreciated. (Photo of today's Revelation class by R.D. Foster.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Continuing Home said...

Randall,

I had to chuckle a little -- your low turnout today is larger than our class' peak. But then we're a much smaller parish.

Still, being a significant time away from one's "home church" where one is closely tied is not fun; I have been through that. So you're in my prayers at least.

CH

8:31 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thank you, sir. I will indeed miss SVCC, but St Laurence is a fine parish. And I am sure I will learn a lot. BTW, I enjoy your blog on a regular basis. Pax.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randall,

Thanks for your excellent classes on the Revelation of St. John. Your handouts were especially helpful in explaining the images that John adapts from the Old Testament. And, your outline of the text and reference to it each week were a big help in following the flow of a difficult subject. People should be aware that the entire series was recorded and available from Fr. Cantrell.

Good luck with the internship and hurry "home."

WB1AKY

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats