Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Seventy-Five Pounds Lost So Far

If there are any friends out there who are curious about how my weight loss program is going, today was a bit of a landmark. At my WW "weigh in" this morning I passed the 75 lbs lost mark. The photo at left depicts 75 lbs worth of books. (I had to stack them up in two towers to keep them from falling over.) I also received the refrigerator magnet below, right. Thanks for your continued support, my friends. I obviously have a LONG way to go, but the results are encouraging so far. (And yes, those are a descending dove and a model of a B-24 Liberator just behind my head. Needless to say, I live in a very interesting household!)

13 Comments:

Blogger gwb said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good heavens, Tex! You are wasting away to nothing.

Seriously, well done. That took quite some doing.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Julian said...

Wow! No more double chin! :-) You look so much taller, too! That's a lot of books, too.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news, Randall! Congratulations on your accomplishment. I will keep you in my prayers for continued success.

4:35 PM  
Blogger The Archer of the Forest said...

Cool beans. And I have been aboard a B-24 that still flys.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randal, well done thus far. Keep up the good work and perhaps some of us other big guys will be forced to join in.

Rudy

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your clothes look baggy, Randall. Congratulations!

Ian

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Lean to your left!
Lean to your right!
Stand up! Sit down!
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Goooooooooo Randall!

Jay

(By the way Nicole and I just got engaged.)

12:03 AM  
Blogger Caelius said...

Yay! You're looking great.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Bluecookij said...

Way to go Randall!!! You should be so very proud of yourself especially during Thanksgiving with all that turkey and dressing! Be sure to remember this day during Christmas. Take care! Rita

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Randall!

Keep it up my friend.

Chad

5:16 PM  
Blogger The Bovina Bloviator said...

Considering the B-24 played an even larger part than the fabled B-17 in ransoming Europe and the rest of the world from the Nazis, I'd say it's juxtaposition with the descending dove is entirely appropriate.

Bravo on the weight loss, sir, you're looking good.

10:42 PM  
Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

Keep up the good work! You look great.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats