Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Canonical Exams Are Here!

Friends, I ask your prayers for those Candidates (Chuck, Bill and Randall) sitting for the diocese of Fort Worth's canonical ordination examinations on Thursday and Friday at SS Peter and Paul in Arlington. (In this diocese we do not sit for the national GOE's, but have our own board of examining chaplains.)

On Thursday the candidates will take the written Scripture content exam and say a "dry Mass," complete with a sermon. On Friday there will be six 1.5 hour oral exams covering Scripture, Theology, Moral Theology & Pastoral Care, Church History, and Canon Law in private session, with two examiners for each subject.

I am grateful for all the help given to me in my preparations by worthy priests in our diocese (esp. Frs Cantrell the Elder, Crary, Nelson, Jordan and Reed--thank you so much, Reverend Fathers). I will try not let you down!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just finished praying for all of you sir!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for you and your fellow exam takers, Randall. God bless you!--Fr Matthew

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats