Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Back from St. Mike's

Well, I have made it back from my week at St. Michael's Youth Conference Southwest at Camp Crucis. It was a wonderful experience! We had well over sixty kids, and I greatly enjoyed teaching my class on Holy Scripture and attending Morning Prayer, Solemn High Mass, Evensong, and Compline daily (with Benediction one night). The vast majority of the kids also made their confessions to one of our worthy priests. It was great learning experience for the kids--and for me.

I also had the pleasure of serving alongside several bloggers there, including MM and Fr.Nelson from Theology of the Body, Fr.WB of Whitehall, Andy from All Too Common, Fr. Matkin of Timotheos Proslogizes, and our Father Director, Fr. Chris Cantrell, author of Apostolicity. That is an outstanding group of Christian intellectuals by any standard, and it warms my heart that these fine folks have such a "heart" for helping young people grow in their love for God and for equipping them to serve His kingdom.

Hopefully pics will be up soon, and I will have more reflections to post after I get some rest. It was a marvelous, though rather tiring week (we endured a flood of one of our boys' cabins and a small fire in the sacristy, but all turned out well. God was glorified and His children spiritually fed).

3 Comments:

Blogger Genie Elizabeth said...

Hello, Gen Skipper from St. Mike's here. Who do I need to get in contact with about the part-time music position? Thanks for the information.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

I just sent you an email, Gen. It was an honor serving alongside you last week. See you next year, if not before! (Actually, I very much hope that you will attend my ordination to the priesthood, should God will it, in September. Watch your mailbox for an invite. I plan on sending one to all of this year's Michaelites!)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Genie Elizabeth said...

It was a pleasure! And count me in for September, I'm looking forward to it.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats