Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Archbishop Venables Approved of Kenya Move

The worthy Archbishop Gregory Venables strongly endorses the choice of Canon Atwood to serve as Kenya's bishop in North America. The language is so astonishingly similar in these various statments, I can't help but think orthodox forces are sending the message that this is united effort. In fact, ++Venables says this expressly at the end of his message: In the painful circumstances of the Anglican Communion I deeply appreciate the bonds which link many primates together. I welcome the prospect of congregations under my care and protection working more closely with those of Kenya and other provinces. In the absence of even a tiny indication of willingness from the Episcopal Church to address the crisis those who wish to remain orthodox within the US cannot be abandoned. Collaboration among Provinces working in the States and the Network is helping build a unified future for those who share the historic Biblical faith.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also been wondering if this is part of a coordinated effort to set up a situation which will have greater impact later on. Suppose, hypothetically, that ++Cantuar rescinds most TEC invitations after 9/30. This would have an even greater impact than never having issued them at all. Likewise, suppose after 9/30 several GS primates "sign over" their missionary districts to a traditional grouping under +Duncan. This would send a powerful message of legitimacy, and of course undercut the TEC mantra that it is really all about power and money. I suspect that the former is less likely than the latter, and may be irrelevant in any case soon after 9/30.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats