Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Events at St. Matthias, Dallas

St. Matthias Church in Dallas, a fine traditionalist Anglican parish on the eastern side of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, is hosting two important events in the coming weeks. The first is a visit by Bishop Urwin of Horsham, England. Bishop Urwin is one of the finest men of God I have ever been blessed to meet. Not only is he a fine, orthodox speaker, but he is a deeply pastoral man as well. My mother was facing breast cancer surgery a few years ago that was scheduled to take place shortly after his visit to St. Vincent's Cathedral. Bishop Urwin not only anointed her, but sat in the chapel and talked with her privately for twenty minutes about her upcoming ordeal and her concerns and fears. I shall always be grateful to him. He is a fine shepherd.

Also, Mark Galli, a noted author and journalist, will be coming to St. Matthias in a couple of weeks. He will speak on how the liturgy shapes us as believers.

Find out more on the parish website here.

1 Comments:

Blogger StevenHWicker said...

It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Events in Dallas

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats