Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

St. Vincent's School National Junior Honor Society Induction Eucharist

Tonight the St. Vincent's School chapter of the National Junior Honor Society inducted nine new members into it's ranks. The induction ceremony took place in the context of the Holy Eucharist. Congratulations to all of the members of the Society. I am very proud of you. The photo above, taken by my father Randy, shows all of the present members of the Society.
The photo above shows our Head of School, Dr. Mary Dickerson, addressing the new members on the importance of scholarship, character, leadership, and service before they received their membership cards and pins.
Dean Ryan Reed of the cathedral was our celebrant, and is shown above blessing the membership pins before they were presented to the new members. I was honored to preach at the Eucharist tonight in my capacity as school chaplain and faculty sponsor of the NJHS. It was a marvelous evening!
Below are the new members inducted this year. Congratulations, again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete Smith said...

What a wonderful service and sermon this evening, and record time in posting the photo!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats