Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

St. Vincent's School was vandalized last night

My beloved St. Vincent's School was vandalized last night by a person or persons unknown who spray-painted the sign in front of the school library with anti-religious graffiti (i.e., a very vulgar word before "God"). They also defaced the back wall of our middle school with a "Satanic" pentagram and other symbols that made their distaste for Christianity clear. Our head of school told me that Bedford police said this is not the first such vandalism of a church in our area in the recent past.

Please pray for whoever did this, that they might turn from their hatred and live through the grace of Christ. And please pray also for our young students who saw this graffiti before it could be covered up and were disturbed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jill C. said...

The enemy at work?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

My prayers go up for you and your students.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats