Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our "White Christmas" at St. Vincent's Cathedral

On Christmas eve the snow began falling in Bedford about one in the afternoon. By 8PM we had accumulated about two inches of snow. I know that isn't much by northern standards, but this was the first true "white Christmas" here in my lifetime!

3 Comments:

Blogger peggy38 said...

Texanglican,

Wasn't it wonderful?!

BTW, I did some figuring and it was a little more than one lifetime since the last one. It was my 68 year old Aunt's first white Christmas as a life-long Texan. Since she is the oldest living member of our immediate family that means the last time it happened is out of the living memory of our family!

I won't soon forget it. Its good to get the photographic evidence too ;-) I sure got mine.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you got a White Christmas! We did too, but we usually do. Got about eight inches in N'ville - shoveled three times. Helped work off the Christmas cookies...

8:33 AM  
Anonymous teer said...

I think in the United States, the official definition of a white Christmas is that there has to be a snow depth of at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) on Christmas morning
need to buy a research paper

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats