Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Manhattan Declaration

By clicking the title to this blog entry you may read The Manhattan Declaration. This document was released yesterday and is an important ecumenical statement by orthodox Christian leaders from many denominational traditions regarding issues related to the sanctity of life, Scriptural and traditional teachings on human sexuality, and troubling recent developments in the law regarding freedom of religion.

Among the initial signatories are Archbishop Robert Duncan of the Anglican Church in North America and several other bishops of the new province, along with Dr. J.I. Packer, our best known theologian. Others signatories include several Roman Catholic archbishops and the R.C. apologist Dr. Peter Kreeft of Boston College, Metropolitan Jonah of the OCA and numerous other Orthodox leaders, and dozens of well-known evangelical figures (e.g., Chuck Colson, Joni Erickson Tada, Dr. James Dobson, Dr. Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention, and Ravi Zacharias).

More than 5000 additional individuals have signed the Declaration in the last twenty-four hours on-line.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I went to the Manhattan Declaration home page but when I tried to go to the page for signing the declaration I got a message that such a page did not exist.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats