Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Matthew Fox's 95 Theses


Matthew Fox, one time Roman Catholic priest and now Episcopalian, travelled to Wittenburg, Germany in May and published his own "95 Theses" there. They may be found on his web site here. And don't forget to check out the rest of his blog, which includes information about his "New Reformation" and Wisdom University (which he founded) in Oakland, California. Does anyone know, has Mr. Fox been received as a priest in the ECUSA diocese of California? Posted by Hello

8 Comments:

Blogger FrRon said...

This is what happens when arrogance meets ignorance. You know, the sad thing is that we're in communion with this guy. We can declare ourselves out of communion all we want...but as ECUSA people, we're in ecclesial communion with MATTHEW FOX, and not Benedict XVI or Bartholomew...what's wrong with this picture?

BTW, I believe he is in fact a priest of ECUSA, as I read several years ago of some "rave masses" he was doing. But I could be thinking of someone else.

4:00 PM  
Blogger FrRon said...

Before I get too inflammatory...no one can blame the guy for his concern that the gospel reach as far as it can. What's frustrating is that people like him insist that the Faith must change and not people.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeyew.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Fox is indeed a priest in ECUSA. I saw an article several years back about his priestly reception. Quite appropriate that his ordinary is +Swing. You know what they say about birds of a feather...

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely revolting.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ecgbert said...

He is a priest in ECUSA.

no one can blame the guy for his concern that the gospel reach as far as it can.

AFAIK he's not spreading nor particularly interested in the gospel.

8:42 AM  
Blogger FrRon said...

Good point...but I always try to give at least a symbolic gesture of tolerance.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Fr Ron. I do not understand how you could be in communion with a guy list this and not with Pope Benedict XVI. It is my fervent prayer that all of those Faithful Remnant, now scattered about, may one day soon come into union with one another.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats