Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Personal News

On the personal front, I have good news and bad news.

First, the good news: Thanks be to God, I just received official notification from the Right Rev. Jack Leo Iker, bishop of Fort Worth, that I have been enrolled as a Postulant for Holy Orders. I thank all of you who have lifted up my discernment process in your prayers. I now await word from the bishop as to what additional education and training I will need before advancing to Candidacy.

Unfortunately, there is also bad news. My mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be undergoing surgery next Tuesday. Please remember Hazel in your prayers, my friends.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear the news about your mother. I will add her to our prayer list here Randall.

Congratulations on your Postulancy, however. Glad to hear that bit of news.

Chad Nusbaum

4:22 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks, Chad.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats my brother.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you mother.

And congratulations on the development of your vocation.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Please give her our best.

Congrats on the postulancy.
Becky Jo

3:41 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks to all for the prayers on my mother's behalf. She is actually in pretty good spirits, considering.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jacob Hicks said...

Prayers for you on your postulancy (could you please explain the American discernment process?), and prayers for your mother and her family as they support her.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randall,
I guess you got my e-mail with best wishes for your mother's recovery. The latest word I have from you is that her surgery went well. Consider Hazel all prayed up here.

Jay

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats