Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Fr. Jeffery Moore and Family Depart for Rome

Last Sunday proved to be the final one for Fr. Jeff Moore as our curate at St. Vincent's Cathedral. Yesterday he submitted his Renunciation of Orders to Bishop Jack Leo Iker of Fort Worth. Jeff has been quietly considering converting to Roman Catholicism for the last year and recently made his final decision to do so. Today he has published a detailed Apologia for his decision on Al Kimel's blog, Pontifications. You may find it worth reading.

May God bless Jeff and his family on this next stage of their pilgrimage of faith. Please keep them in your prayers, especially that the Lord will quickly provide Jeff with new employment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi Catherine Chen said...

Congrats!!! Welcome Home! It seems to me that many many orthodox anglican are swimming home to Rome... these days...
Tex-any comment on the increase of conversion to RC.?

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. Very inspiring. May God bless him and his family.

Thomas

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At your new home maybe you'll learn to smile and say "Hello" to people for a change. God Bless and Good Luck.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Dear Anonymous, I hope that comment was not directed at me. I try to say "hello." Honest! R.W. Foster

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats