Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Bishop Iker at the Tomb of St. Leo the Great

The Rt. Rev. Jack Leo Iker, my bishop here in the diocese of Fort Worth, and several other leading priests of our diocese travelled to Rome three weeks ago on pilgrimage. From what I have heard, it was a deeply meaningful trip for all. The image above depicts Bishop Iker kneeling in prayer at the tomb of St. Leo the Great, his patron saint and an exemplary defender of the Faith as pope in the fifth century. Our clergy also attended a papal audience and had a lengthy meeting with Cardinal Law (over tea, of course) during their visit to the Vatican. More details may be read here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tea with Cardinal Law! What magisterial company your bishop keeps.

Jay

11:11 AM  
Blogger Fr Timothy Matkin said...

My, what magisterial company His Eminence keeps!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mimi Catherine Chen said...

:) wanted to ask if u would comment on the Da Vinci Code...

4:18 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Mimi, I have not yet either read the book or seen the movie. I know that many Christians have decided to boycott the film, but I had decided that I probably needed to see it in order to be able to comment on it when asked. Now it turns out, based on the initial critics' response, that the film is terribly bad (in cinematic terms). Well, I suppose I shall see it anyway. When I do, I shall comment here.

Needless to say, ancient folly and heresy doesn't get any more true with age! From his "Facts" page at the beginning of the novel Brown clearly is just passing along the same balderdash the ancient Gnostics did in a racier form. More later. Thanks for dropping by.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats