Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, June 30, 2006

And Then There Were Six

It has been a big day for news in the continuing saga of "realignment" within North American Anglicanism. The strategy of TEC's national headquarters has become more clear. Both Bishop Schori and Rev. Jan Nunley have tipped their hand that, should an orthodox bishop, Standing Committee and duly-called Diocesan Convention decide to "leave" the national Episcopal Church, the new Presiding Bishop will consider declaring that orthodox see vacant and call a new "diocesan convention" composed of representatives of the Schori-loyal rump that remains (no matter how small that rump might be--in some dioceses I will bet it is less than 20%) to elect a new, revisionist bishop to litigate for the diocese's property under the Dennis Canon.

Meanwhile, the diocese of Springfield, Illinois has become the sixth diocese to seek alternative primatial oversight. In a Pastoral Letter Bishop Beckwith has told his flock that a resolution of their Standing Committee has empowered him “to intentionally and deliberately explore avenues” for an alternative primatial relationship. He also says: I believe the future for faithful, orthodox Anglicans currently in ECUSA hasn't been brighter for a long time. I believe a new structure will emerge in the USA which will be in full communion with the Archbishop of Canterbury and the other 37 Anglican Provinces, and of which you and I would be proud to be members. I am committed to doing everything in my power to assist in that Godly effort.

Read the entire story in this article from The Living Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats