Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tagged with a Musical Meme

Father WB of Whitehall blog has tagged me with a musical meme that is presently going around the Net. I have interpreted it to mean "List seven songs that are more or less stuck in your head at present. That is, songs that keep coming back to your mind over and over again, day after day, as you go about your business." It is a diverse list, though one heavy on religious music (no big surprise). I must admit, I am slightly nervous about admitting to a couple of these, but the answers are honest. I will tag six others in a few days.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre,
whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must
be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your
blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 6 other people to see what
they're listening to.

  1. Nicole C. Mullen, Redeemer (a modern Christian contemporary “classic”--presently my "favorite song" [scoff if you like!] and may be heard here as number 1)

  1. Staff Sgt. Barry Sadler, The Ballad of the Green Berets (I’m a Texan and I’ve loved the John Wayne movie The Green Berets since I was a little kid, and this is a patriotic season—nuf said)

  1. Natalie Grant, Held (more Christian contemporary, much on my mind this summer as I am doing my mandatory unit of CPE at Baylor Hospital, Grapevine, particularly since the first two fatalities I worked were infants. If you haven't heard it, its number 9 here.)

  1. John Chennick, composer, alt. by Charles Wesley, Lo, He comes with clouds descending (This is one of my favorite hymns of all time. I know its not Advent, but I taught a course on the Revelation to John this spring and its apocalyptic themes have also been much on my mind as I minister to folks who have lost loved one’s this summer.)

  1. Joseph Haydn, Nelson Mass (Missa in Augustiis) (This piece played an important role in my conversion and is seldom far from my mind.)

  1. Kenny Chesney, Summertime (Nice catchy country tune, on the radio a lot lately.)
  2. William Bryd, Te Deum from The Great Service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats