Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Progress on the Second Floor of our School

How about a break from the recent dire news for the Anglican Communion? I wanted to post a short update on the construction of the second floor of our upper school at St. Vincent's Cathedral School. Until five weeks ago the second floor of our new building was just an empty shell, boasting only outer walls, a concrete floor, and a roof. But now the interior walls of our new second floor build-out are all up. They were being painted today when I stopped by for a visit. The framework for the classroom ceilings is also in place (the acoustic panels that make up the ceilings will be dropped into place once the light fixtures are hooked up next week) and the electrical wiring has been strung. The classroom and office doors still need to be put into place and the floors need to be tiled or carpeted, but one can actually see things beginning to fall into place. That's a good thing, because teacher in-service starts in just three weeks. I cannot wait for the first year of our high school to start on August 14th!

The picture above is of my new chaplain's office (finally, a place of my own in which to talk with parents and students!), while the picture below is of my classroom across the hall from my office. I will be teaching a variety of Religion, History, Geography and Western Civ classes there this year, for grades six through nine. Photos by R.D. Foster.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound excited Randall. Good to hear that things are moving along. It is good to hear excite seeing as how I am mired in the throes of CPE right now.

Are you coming to Crucis for the August Conference? Hope to see you then.

Chad

6:11 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Good to hear from you, Chad. I hope your CPE is going well. I, too, am mired in CPE this summer. I am on-site at Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine, with my peer group comprised of six men (all men, curiously enough, though our supervisor is a woman) who are serving at Grapevine, All Saints' FW and Irving in the Baylor Health Care System. It is actually a pretty good placement, considering some of the horror stories that I have heard from others. We have four weeks to go. Boy, I am really looking forward to being back at school full time so I can relax! Unfortunately, CPE ends on Friday Aug. 11th and school resumes Monday Aug. 14th. No rest for the wicked! Good luck with your training, sir.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Oh, btw, I will be at the vocations retreat in August. I look forward to seeing you there. God bless.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats