Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Early Christology and Soteriology Class at St. Laurence

Today I taught the fourth class in "Renewed by the Blood of God," my lecture series on the person and work of Christ in the writings of the Fathers of the Church at St. Laurence, Southlake. We covered Gnosticism and St. Irenaeus' response to it. Attendence has been excellent, so much so that it was standing room only! As a result we get "promoted" next week to the parish hall. Thanks to R.D. Foster, my T.A. and the official class photographer. The title, incidentally, is taken from St. Ignatius' Letter to the Ephesians.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Catholic said...

Are you going to let us in on the lectures? Maybe post a summary?? I would read it!

Traditional Anglopapist.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

I would love to post something, Trad Anglopapist, but I am afraid that I have little in writing at present to share. My practice is to lecture "off the cuff," giving my class members only photocopies of the primary sources we are looking at so they can follow along as I lecture. If I have the time to write up a summary, I will post it. Thanks for stopping by.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats