Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Father Matthew (Brice) Cantrell Ordained a Priest

Last Friday another good friend of many readers of this blog was ordained a priest in Christ's one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church by Metropolitan HERMAN of the Orthodox Church of America at St. Vladimir's Theological Seminary in New York. I had very much hoped to attend the ordination service, but unfortunately a brief illness prevented me from doing so. From these photos, it was a magnificent Liturgy. May God bless Father Matthew with many fruitful years of ministry for the Gospel! Thanks be to God!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

The pictures are too small! I want to see the details of those stoles! :-)

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brice Cantrell converted to Islam and left Orthodoxy and the priesthood 10 years ago.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats