Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

PB Schori Spins the Failure of the Pastoral Council Idea

Take a look at Christopher Johnson's anaysis of Presiding Bishop Schori's remarks at Camp Allen.

This woman truly is remarkable! (Read her actual remarks here.) It turns out she didn't "sign" the Communique after all, but simply said verbally to Archbishop Williams that the Communique was something she could "live with" in order to "build consensus among the primates." I can't help but think PB Schori never really believed the plan as crafted at Dar-es-Salaam would ever see the light of day. Is it possible that she verbally agreed to the Pastoral Council and its partially-foreign oversight of the Primatial Vicar simply to get Archbishop Akinola off her back that last night in Tanzania, knowing full well that she would never have to live with it in reality since the House of Bishops would never consent to it?

But perhaps I am being too cynical. Right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible to be too cynical about this crowd? My opinion of TEC and Schori never has been high. But they still keep surprising me, in a negative way, of course.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is she saying, a verbal assent doesn't count? i'm with wannabeanglican: you can't be too cynical here. she never for a minute thought any of this would become a reality.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats