Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ordination to the Diaconate


The service yesterday was remarkable. It was very moving to see so many people from so many different venues there. I believe the substantial majority of my students at the Upper School were there, and lots of folks from both St. Vincent's and St. Laurence's Churches. Deacon Hough and I are most grateful for all your prayers. (Photo above: Canon Hough, Deacon Hough, Bishop Iker, me, and Dean Reed)

Andy Bartus, author of All Too Common and our youth minister at St. Vincent's, has posted a video of the service on YouTube. It may be found here.


Putting on a clerical collar for the first time ... nervously.

Signing the Declaration.

Prostration during the Litany for Ordinations.

Kneeling before the bishop before the laying on of hands.


Bishop Iker laying hands upon the candidate Foster.
The bishop censing the gifts.
The canon of the Mass.

My father, Randy Foster, and me after the service.

Finally, my dear friend MB and me.

Photos by R.D. Foster and Julian.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Randal. You and Chuck were in my prayers. I spent the morning in the chapel at Nashotah House praying for you.
Fr. Tom Hightower

4:21 PM  
Blogger Bob Catholic said...

Nice photos (any more??)

Congratulations and God's continual blessings.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Arturo Vasquez said...

Ad multos annos!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Ecgbert said...

And so say all of us.

10:54 AM  
Blogger gwb said...

Well done. It was terrific to be with you for the event.

You need to update your profile. You are no longer "a lay chaplain."

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sir! Well done. 1 July is my date!

2:58 PM  
Blogger John J. O'Sullivan™ said...

Axios! Congratulations and God's blessing in your new ministry!

Pax,

-j

5:43 PM  
Blogger Caelius said...

Congratulations! You look good in a dalmatic.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Randal,

I cannot believe it--but am none the less deeply honored--to be the first to exclaim: GLORY! in response to this monumentous occasion. I might even add: GLORY to God in the highest heavens!

Your Friend and Fellow DDH alumni

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I approve of Bishop Iker's tat, btw.

6:06 AM  
Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

Congratulations! What a joyous occasion. May god richly bless your new minsitry.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allow me to second Brian's "Glory."

You were mentioned at Monday night's chapel service at DDH (for what it's worth).

Ian

12:58 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Warmest congratulations, Randall!
You're in my prayers.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Congratulations and God bless you in your ministry.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Bluecookij said...

Hi Father Randall!!!!!

Just had to say Wow! I enjoyed the service so much. The fanciest one I have ever seen. So happy for you! Tell Randy hi for me. I sure miss you both at St Laurence. It was also great to finally meet your Mother. Take care and be sure to remember us!! Rita & Jay

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats