Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Irreconcilable Differences and the Coming "Divorce"

Judging from the comments being made in the blogosphere by the Episcopal Left, it is becoming more and more difficult to believe that the requests made by the Primates last week in the Communique will be complied with by TEC. When you see the portrait of an Episcopal parish in a wealthy suburb of New York City compiled by the Bovina Bloviator, it is not difficult to see why. Compare that New Jersey parish with, say, St. Vincent's Cathedral, Bedford, and it is all but inconceivable that these two parishes can remain under the same ecclesiastical roof much longer. The worldview encoded in life, worship, and message of these two places is very, very different. And my experience of parishes in the Chicago area tells me these radically-inclusive folks in New Jersey are not alone in the path they are walking. Read it all here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Randall- the link isn't working but i googled it. When I first read it I thought it was a list of complaints compiled from the website and thought what's so bad about a loose plate offering? Id there a canon law I don't know about. Then i realized it was from their actual website and they were publically admitting all this. oh, dear. We are praying for your and very excited about your diaconal ordination. Really wish we could be there. please post pictures though I suppose there won't be any of the ceremony itself?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

The link is fixed, anon, whomever you might be. I will be sure to post on this site any pics I can get my hands on. And thanks for your prayers. God bless.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Caritas said...

hi Randall that was me-- I was running of to Evening Prayer

10:13 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks so much, Leah. I hope you and Scott will consider coming down in September. Steve Lord and other folks you know will be coming down, and north Texas is actually a very fun place for a three or four day vacation. Lots of stuff to do. Thanks so much for your prayers. God bless you both, and your ministry there in MA.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats