Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Two Bits of Personal News

I don't typically put a great deal of personal news on this blog, but I feel compelled to share two recent developments with you, dear Reader, in hopes of garnering your prayers.

First, my mother, Hazel Foster, has had two strokes within the last week, and she is now largely paralyzed on her left side. I would be most grateful for your prayers for her well-being and healing, as well as for strength and courage for my father, Randy, who is having trouble coping with her present impairment after sixty-two years of marriage.

The second bit of news is happier. Today I received official word from the Rt. Rev. Jack Leo Iker, bishop of Fort Worth, that I will be ordained (God willing) to the Sacred Order of Priests by him at St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford on the Feast of the Holy Cross, Friday, September 14th, at 7 O'Clock in the evening. Your prayers, and your presence if possible, would also be most deeply appreciated.

Thank you, my friends.

7 Comments:

Blogger gwb said...

That's rough. I will pray for your mom and dad.

Holy Cross is of course our patronal feast, so I don't think I will be able to be at your priesting, which saddens me.

Maybe you could make a pilgrimage to Dallas and spend some time in the presence of our relic, as the day (as well as "Saint Cross" itself) will henceforth have special significance for you too.

You will all be in my prayers Deacon Tex.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks, Fr WB. I will try to find an occasion to come by your parish and pray. Thanks for letting me know about the relic.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Randy

Praying for you and your mom and dad. I can still get hysterical remembering her telling when she fell off the snowmobile and sank without a trace.

-Denise

You are either going to see this comment 3 times or not at all...

9:45 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks so much, Denise. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. May God bless you and your family.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

I hope we will be able to attend your ordination. Our prayers are with you and your parents.

9:29 AM  
Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

Praying for your mom...

Congrats on your ordination! How thrilling. May God bless you and your priestly ministry.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Steel said...

Congrats! May Mary and all the Saints intercede for your mother! May God bless and keep you in your ministry as His priest! We'll be praying and looking forward to the pictures of your new vestments and chalice!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats