Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Friday, October 05, 2007

A Local TV Report about Our Diocese

Please take a minute to view this report broadcast earlier this week about our diocese's upcoming convention and the proposed changes to our diocesan constitution. It features some nice shots of my parish, comments byDean Ryan Reed (who is also the author of the letter that accompanied the proposed changes on the diocesan website), and a couple of our most active parishioners. [There is a brief advertisement before the story begins. Just wait for ten seconds for the story.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What we have is two different religions in one church . . . they are irreconcilable."

Isn't that the truth?

Thanks for pointing to this report. I'd been looking for something on the local news about it in the last couple of weeks but hadn't seen anything. (Guess I'm watching WFAA news too much!)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Devon W said...

I had actually been wondering what exactly was going on in regards to the Ft Worth diocese. Thanks to Thom, I had a general idea but it's good to get a bit better understanding.

Truthfully, when I first learned of the turmoil in the Anglican Communion I was tempted to cut my losses and go look for another church. After some consideration I am humbled to realize that the turmoil in my OWN life was just preparing me to stand with St. Vincent's and the Ft Worth diocese as this test comes upon us.

-Devon

12:05 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

So glad to hear that you are standing with us, Devon. I firmly believe that we are standing for what Anglicans (and all catholic Christians) have stood for all along. It is TEC at the national level that has moved away and left us all behind in their quest for "radical inclusion." But as for life at St. Vincent's parish, it will go on faithfully as it always has. I suspect parishioners will notice minimal, if any, local disruption on a daily basis. Stay faithful, friend!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats