Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Mighty Fortress



As the castigation by my Anglo-Catholic brethern was not too severe following my admission of sympathies with CCM last week, I have decided to push it a little bit further today. Luther's writings played a significant role in my early development as a Christian following my conversion seventeen years ago. I therefore cannot resist posting this amazing rendition by Steve Green of one of my favorite hymns this October 31st. Give it a listen! Hat tip to Stand Firm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm inspired!

+JLI

5:06 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Thanks for stopping by, your Grace. I'm inspired, too!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! CCM also equals Called to Common Mission (the full communion agreement with the ELCA) so I read it that way at first...I like the song, too

Leah

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats