Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Get Your Button Today!


The good folks over at Stand Firm have hit upon a marvelous way to show support for a faithful shepherd of his flock. Get your button today by clicking here!

8 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

LOL funny and brilliant, but I'm not comfortable about the political and personality cult overtones.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr. Randall, you'll be glad to know that I've already ordered a dozen of them!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Marvelous! Probably not quite appropriate for the altar party, but I am sure we could put a dozen to good use around St. Vincent's as well! ;-)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Devon W said...

Julian said...

"LOL funny and brilliant, but I'm not comfortable about the political and personality cult overtones."

At first I didn't like the political and "personality cult overtones" either, but after a moment (literally a moment) I got over my concern. I realized that we have enough to be upset about, stressed about, angry about and worried about. Some things we just need to laugh away. This makes light of the political overtones of this entire situation, and I think we need that.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I think I'll have to pass on this one. This "Iker worship" is getting out of hand.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Devon W said...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's "Iker worship." We live in a society in which strength of conviction is little better than a myth, so to have someone actually stand up for his beliefs is certainly worthy of notice. And Bishop Iker needs to know people stand with him.

6:20 PM  
Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

I am glad that you are an "Iker Liker"! Are you a "Vader Hater"? :-)

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered six the day they became available on Stand Firm. My husband gave one to our Rector on Advent II. He was tickled. It's all in good humor, but also to express support for our wonderful bishop!

Connie Sandlin
St. Francis, Dallas

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats