Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Calling Traditionalist Anglicans within Driving Distance of Waco, Texas

Last month the Most Rev. Robert Duncan was recognized as archbishop of the Anglican Church in North America during a fine service at Christ Church, Plano. As it happened, that night I sat behind two gentlemen who recognized me from this little blog. We struck up a conversation before the service began. They told me that they were associated with Baylor University and were part of a traditionalist Anglican fellowship in the Waco, Texas, area (which is about 100 miles due south of my home in Bedford). It was a relatively new group of about 30 people that Christ Church, Plano, had been helping out a bit during formation.

During his homily that night Archbishop Duncan told us that he hoped ACNA could found 1000 new parishes in the next five years. This faithful fellowship in Waco seems well on the way to becoming one of those new ACNA parishes. Following the installation service I received an email from one of these worthy Waco Anglicans asking me if I would be interested in coming down to visit them. I was delighted to say "yes!"

So this Saturday evening I will be honored, God willing, to celebrate the Holy Eucharist for the Waco Anglican Fellowship at 5PM at Meadowbrook Baptist Church in Waco (which is, I believe, located at 1207 N Old Robinson Road) . I am sure they would be delighted to have visitors, and I would love to meet any readers of this blog who live in the greater Waco area. So do please consider coming on Saturday night and worshiping with us.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jill C. said...

Neat opportunity! I might mention this to my husband. Maybe we'll come down on Saturday.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

It would be good to see you there!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As I live in the greater Wheaton area (vs. the greater Waco area), I'll not join you except in prayer. Have a wonderful fellowship!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

From my limited experience of Wheaton I think it may have significant similarities with Waco. Good folks in both places. Thanks for the prayers, ma'am.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats