Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Virtual Tour of St. Paul's Cathedral

St. Paul's Cathedral, London, was the site of my conversion experience to the worship and love of the Living God on June 10, 1989. It will always have a special place in my heart and is a priority stop for me each time I am in London. Now we have the capacity to visit it virtually any time we want. Hat tip to Stand Firm.

Incidentally, during my pilgrimage to the Holy Land this year I had the great honor to celebrate the Holy Eucharist on an altar in the Greek Orthodox Chapel of Abraham located on the roof of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher just feet from the site of Calvary. That Eucharist took place on June 10th, 2009, twenty years precisely after I first came to know our Savior God in London. That service was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The Lord is good, indeed!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for that stunning tour of St. Paul's. It's the best virtual tour I've ever seen. It was alsways very uplifting to hear of its association with your spiritual pilgrimage. Thank you for an excellent post.

The Rev. Dcn. Jonathan Trebilco
Diocese of Mid-America, Reformed Episcopal Church

2:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm still in TEC, but I love the Parishes and Cathedrals across the pond.

In fact I was just in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. I made a point to visit Christ-Church(1100's) and St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin. I just walked in and I could almost feel the ambient heaviness, like a million eyes greeting me.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.Atonementonline.com
(Anglican Rite in full union with Rome)

www.ScriptureCatholic.com

www.Catholic.com

"St peter lives in Rome"
by Robert A. Stackpole
(former Anglican priest)

Catholic Verse Finder $2.75
(505) 327-5343

"Catholic Doctrine in Scripture"
by Gregory Oatis

* Catechism of the Catholic Church

* Douay Rheims Bible

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Crepes Recipes said...

Thank you for wwriting this

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats