Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Scenes from the Chrism Mass/Mass of Collegiality Today at St. Vincent's Cathedral

It fell to me to attempt to put the clergy of our diocese into order by the date of their canonical residency here in order for us to process into the Chrism mass/Mass of Collegiality today at St. Vincent's. Not an easy task. Herding priests is something like herding cats!
Bishop Iker delivered a fine homily, in which he reassured us that despite all the uncertainties of the present day we have done the right thing by standing steadfastly for "the Faith once delivered to the saints." And the bishop also reminded us that God certainly has a plan to see that His will is done in all this, even if we cannot say exactly what that plan is at the moment.
Many thanks to my father, R.D. Foster, for coming today and taking these fine photos of the event.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Missed my dear brothers today, Father.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

You are missed as well, Father. I hope all is well in the asparagus capital of the world. (It is asparagus, isn't it?) Best wishes for a blessed remainder of Holy Week to you and your family.

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Ron (Verger) said...

The only thing worse was having to herd a group of bishops for the ACNA mass at St. Vincent's! At least, I didn't have to put them in canonicaly resident order.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Edwin Byford said...

Some years ago when Marshal at St Saviour's Cathedral, Goulburn, the wife of the Canon Residentiary asked what the Marshal did. When I told her that I had to tell the clergy where to go she said, "I can give you some good suggestions."

4:43 PM  
Blogger Edwin Byford said...

Precedence can be fun. You seem to have had it easy without all the complications of precedence in the Cathedral Chapter and the order of collation of Archdeacons.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats