Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Thursday, March 04, 2010

A Lovely Visit to All Saints, Wichita Falls


Last night I was warmly welcomed by Fr. Ken MacKenzie and the good people of All Saints' Church in Wichita Falls. I was joined for the journey by my father and an old family friend, who proved excellent company for the 120 mile road trip. We joined them for Eucharist and then I taught a class on "church growth in ancient Christianity" while the parishioners enjoyed a light Lenten meal. The MacKenzies, Deacon Crab, and the parishioners were very hospitable. And the questions and comments were great!

Thanks, Fr. Ken, for the invitation!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to have you, your dad and family friend. Your presentation was great and many are still thinking and talking about it all. Your dad's picture of the church is beautiful. You will need to come during the day and see those stained glass windows, the story of creation and the Trinity, lit by the sun. That is a real picture. Thank you.
Deacon Melody Crabb

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats