Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Monday, April 12, 2010

A "Christ-haunted" Anne Rice tells of her journey back to the Faith

This video in the "I am second" series by the one-time Vampire novelist Anne Rice is absolutely worth watching. Superb, especially the last minute and a half. Watch it until the end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Undergroundpewster said...

I have not followed Anne's career since I was so turned off by her first book. Since moving to South Carolina, I had not payed much attemtion, but I knew something was up when she started buying some buildings around my old stomping grounds, including the "Our Mother of Perpetual Help Chapel."

I am so happy for her.


Spooky thing though, the word verification thingy asked for me to type "killut."

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mark D. said...

Weird though that she is Catholic rather than an Episcopalian. Her theological views, particularly regarding the sexuality issues, are far more consonant with the mainstream Episcopalian position (pro-gay, pro-abortion, pro-divorce, etc.) than the Catholic position.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

To be fair, Mark, Ms. Rice is not "pro-abortion." These remarks, though taken from a site clearly hostile to her opinion, make it plain she considers abortion a "horror" that should be stopped. She does not, however, think repealing Roe v. Wade will stop abortions and therefore doesn't think repealing it is important. I think she is wrong. I am pretty sure you do, too, from your comment. But nothing I saw in those comments indicates she is "pro-abortion."

Ms. Rice is, I suspect, like very many Americans simply libertarian by inclination and considers abortion a moral horror but thinks the law should not force people comply with a moral prohibition dictated by our faith and conscience. (The whole "you can't legislate morality" canard one hears so often. That is rubbish, of course. The entire criminal code is an exercise in morality from top to bottom.) It wouldn't shock me if Ms. Rice's views on gay rights were not similarly libertarian.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Oops. Forgot the link for Rice's remarks on abortion and Roe v. Wade.

http://r-thinking.blogspot.com/2007/08/anne-rice-on-abortion.html

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats