Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Vacation Bible School at St. Vincent's Cathedral


Tonight's class on "Christianity and Buddhism" was well attended (the vacant chairs are those of the dean, who had to leave for a hospital visitation, and my father--the photographer here). Discussion was lively. This year I am teaching the adult class at St. Vincent's Vacation Bible School, where we are studying "Christianity and Eastern Religions." Last night we covered Hinduism. Tomorrow we move on to Taoism. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats taught in the class?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

We cover the doctrine and practices of these Eastern religions. Then we look at essential differences between them and classical Christianity. Several of Peter Kreeft's books are helpful in the comparative phase, btw.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats