Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Small Personal Note

Just a word of thanks for those friends who have been remembering my vocational discernment process in their prayers. Today I received word that I have been accepted into the summer program in Clinical Pastoral Education at Baylor University Hospital. Their primary location is in Dallas, but they are planning also to offer CPE at one of their hospitals in the western portion of the Metroplex next summer (either Fort Worth's Baylor All Saints or Baylor Med. Center in Irving). It is my hope that I will be receiving my training at one of these "western" sites, as the Irving or Fort Worth locations would mean greatly reduced commuting time from Bedford.

On Monday, February 20th, I will be meeting with Bishop Iker, Dean Ryan Reed (my pastor and my boss at St. Vincent's), and Fr. Hightower of the COM to discuss what further training I will need in order to move forward towards Candidacy. Your continued prayers would be much appreciated.

Finally, my mother is doing quite well after her surgery of two weeks ago. Many thanks to all of you who have prayed for her. God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Yay!
Congratulations, Randall!
I hope you will be very happy no matter where you end up.
And I'm glad to have the update on your dear mother.
:)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats