Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Initial Weight Loss Goal Met

It will not come as a shock to anyone who has seen my picture on this blog that I have a weight problem. Well, I am trying to do something about that. I joined Weight Watchers seven weeks ago today, and it is going very well. Today I reached my first weight loss goal--losing 10% of my initial body weight. To date I have now lost 41 pounds! (Just do the math to find out how much I weighed at the end of July.) It has only taken me seven weeks to reach this first goal. The average WWs member takes 16 weeks to reach 10% weight loss, so I have been fortunate. The stack of books above weighs 41 pounds. I cannot believe that less than two months ago I was carrying this much extra weight around with me everywhere that I went, 24 hours a day. (Just imagine carrying this load of books up a flight of stairs five or six times per day. Boy, no wonder I got winded so easily!) This morning at my meeting I received the handsome pewter "10% keychain" below to commemorate the event.I still have a long way to go until I reach a healthy weight, but I am encouraged so far. Thanks to my friends for their encouragment.

8 Comments:

Blogger Derek the Ænglican said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news, Randall. Persevere!
Scott J

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah!

- img

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work Randall! Glad to hear this bit of good news.

Chad Nusbaum

9:47 AM  
Blogger Caelius said...

Congratulations!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Mike the Geek said...

Congratulations! I need to try that myself, seeing as my life seems to be proof of the equation that waist size + I.Q. is a constant.

10:06 AM  
Blogger J. Gordon Anderson said...

That is great, Randall. Keep up the good work!

4:10 PM  
Blogger gwb said...

Well done, Tex. Well done indeed. That's really awesome.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats