Texanglican

"The Preachers chiefly shall take heed that they teach nothing in their preaching, which they would have the people religiously to observe and believe, but that which is agreeable to the Doctrine of the Old Testament and the New, and that which the Catholick Fathers and Ancient Bishops have gathered out of that Doctrine." A proposed canon of Elizabeth I, 1571

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedford, Texas, United States

I am a presbyter in the diocese of Fort Worth, Texas (Anglican Church in North America). I serve as Chaplain at St. Vincent's School and as a canon of St. Vincent's Cathedral Church in Bedford, Texas. In addition to my parish duties and teaching Religion classes in the school I am also the Middle School Social Studies teacher.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Less Than A Week To Go

Next Saturday morning at 10AM the scene above will be a bit more lively. For God willing at that time the Rt. Rev. Jack Leo Iker, bishop of Fort Worth, will ordain Charles A. Hough, IV (the son of our highly-regarded Canon to the Ordinary) and me to the Sacred Order of Deacons at St. Vincent's Cathedral Church, Bedford. I admit that I am getting just a bit nervous. But it is also very exciting to be entering this new stage of ministry.

If you are within easy reach of the Mid-Cities, dear reader, I hope you will consider joining us. St. Vincent's Cathedral is located in Bedford, three blocks south of Airport Freeway on Forest Ridge. Directions may be found here. I hope to see you at 10AM on Saturday, March 3rd. The wonderful music provided by Barbara Burton and our talented choir would make it worth your effort to get there, even if you don't know me from Adam!

If you cannot be there in person, friends, Chuck and I would be most grateful for your prayers. God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger John J. O'Sullivan™ said...

Congratulations and God bless! Obviously, I can't make it...but you'll be in my prayers.

Pax,
-j

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats